HOW TO WRITE A PERFECT ARTICLE -PERFECTION PILLS
If you are a freelancer in quest to how to write a perfect article then I can assure you that this article will hit you home. There are millions of the articles being published daily including the swarm of different type of the articles which may be informational, knowledge-base, your personal product, features and instructional articles and so on. Each article has its own attributes and impact on the reader but those also share some common characteristics and formatting. You being here, tells me that you are one of those people who aren’t getting traffic to their blogs and articles even after a well-research and conventional formatting, well of course only if you didn’t learn to write it from “Write an article in 20 minutes”.
Ok! So what is it what make your article perfect?
Let me tell you first that there is no formula or medicine to make it perfect, but it is the uniqueness of your content. There are literally hundreds of articles on each single topic, including the one you are reading, because I am pretty sure that there is five or six other same type of articles in your browser Tabs. So you have published an article then why should I spend my time in reading yours one among all others? Well if you ask me, I will most certainly hold my breath on the one which I think is:
- Worth my time
- Informational, providing me what I am looking for Creative
- Different from the rest means its Unique and original
Your personal and content’s uniqueness is what makes the articles perfect. That is if I am reading your article then it must give me the feel that it’s a person who is talking me out of my problem and not another marvel of the “Article Machine” which is telling me the same thing as others but in different words.
But the story, obviously, doesn’t end in here and I am not just here to tell you “Work hard and be sincere with your Work”, I am sure you get that a lot. Instead, I am here with a guide which tells you that how can you inject those qualities in your content which will make it PERFECT bending more traffic to your websites and blogs. So here are some rules cum techniques cum guidelines which you may follow to give it a head start or you can go the way which you think is most appropriate for you.
DECIDING THE TOPIC
If you are wondering that how to write a perfect article then I should mention that perfection start with the selection of the topic for your article. But if you are a Freelancer then the facility is mostly unavailable for you as you have to write on the topic which is given to you, so trouble saved. But if you are the one to select the topic for your article then you should know that this is the most crucial step as you are going to construct the whole building over this base.
- Write the things you are passionate about but it must be the hot topic among the readers, so writing about your GF and the favorite pillow doesn’t count.
- Topic must be remarkable and it should fill in the gap of information which means providing the information which is not contained by previous and existing related topics
- The topic must be specific in its field and must be narrowed as much as possible, so instead of writing about “How to Earn Online”, write about “Online Earning as Freelancer” instead.
- Make a list of potential topics and then prioritize the topics on the basis of
- Enthusiasm and usefulness
- Level of engaging and compelling
- How well and rare the topic is
- Importance and meaningfulness
How to write a Perfect Article
Plan- how to write a perfect article which will stand out among the others.
Make a rough draft and note down all the important points you can think of about the topic. And arrange the points into proper well-written paragraphs.
Decide the length, which has no defined boundary, and depends upon the areas you want to cover in your writing.
Try telling those points from your perspective and angels. Use your own tone which may be humorous, sarcastic or knowledge-base which will make your article different from the rest and original.
First of all, you should be clear about “WWW-what, who, where” concept which will decide the overall layout, language, and format of the articles
What are the aims of the articles? There are the different type of the articles and you should come up with the type which will best suit to convey your points. So ask yourself why you are writing this article, which may be to-
- Describe an Experience, Event, Person or Place
- Present information about Facts and Research
- Present the Topic in an Engaging way
- Provide Instructions and Suggestions
- Compare and Contrast the Facts
- Present an opinion or Argue a Position
- How-to articles
- Top 10 lists
Who are the Audiences? The articles may be formal, semi formal and informal, and there are specific groups of readers for each type of article and if you want your article to be engaging and compelling then you should select the topic which will address to your targeted audience, which may be-
Important tips for how to write a perfect article is first confirm where is this article going to appear? The article must be selected so that it would fit into the place, where it would be published, among others. Usually, the articles are published in,
So now you have decided the path to walk on by selecting the topic. Next step would be to collect every bit of the information and supporting material you can, relating to the topic, which some people know as Research. The level of research depends upon the sensitivity of the topic, sometimes you can have everything on the internet (online), which is my favorite part, otherwise, you find yourself blowing away the dust from the library books. More the research you have done more influential and engaging your article will be. Run a serious and complete research and base your articles on Facts. Considering the following points, will show you that how to write a perfect article by putting in goo research.
Don’t forget to:
- Collect detail facts and evidence
- Collect all the supporting material necessary
- Provide all the bibliographic information
- Add footnotes and headnotes, if necessary, to define every term as it pops up in the content
- Avoid paganism-don’t copy paste the text, instead put it in the quotation or citation if necessary
- Make use of verified and verifiable sources
- Well-researched article includes
- Facts, Quotes and Statistics
- Citation of quality and reliable sources
- Anecdotes-experiences and stories about yourself or someone else
- Interlinks to other sources and media
- Answer who why what when how
- Quality and reliable sources
- Verifiable and up-to-date sources
- Expert knowledge
- All aspects of the subject
STAGES OF WRITING THE PERFECT ARTICLE
The headline is the only part of the article which captivates the interest and attention of a reader at first glance or in search suggestions, and it is the very first impression of your content. So make the headline catchy, engaging, exciting, and little bit curious but short and simple. If I am rolling down through numbers of the articles, then it would be your headline which will hook me to read the content.
According to David Ogilvy, the Father of advertising:
“Five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar”
Three Tips for making successful Headline
- Make a suitable headline which will draw a reader into the article and it should be
- Short and to-the-point
- Easy to spell
- Include keywords
- Including numbers to the title makes it catchier for, example:
- “Make online money” can be converted into “Make online Money- with these 5 brand new Tips”, which is even more attempting
- Using focused and sharper words are the key to impressive headlines, for example:
- Using the “How to Make Money by Working at Home-Secret Exposed” is more useful than “How to Make Money by working at Home”. Or use “Five 2016 Fashion trends that will Turn Heads” instead of “2016 Fashion Trends”
Ok! You have grabbed the reader attention by your awesome headline, the next thing he will jump to, is your introduction or opening of the article. The introduction is very vital part of the content to hook the reader and within the first few lines and sentences, the reader will assess whether the article is worth reading or not. So you better start with something compelling and engaging which may include. If you want to know how to write a perfect article then know the importance of perfect introduction.
- Statistics and Facts
- Personal experience or story
- Quotes from well-known personalities
- Memorable tone- humorous and personal touch
- Keywords of the article
- Why/What/When/How questions
Take out your pen and start noting down the techniques for eye-catching and appealing main content, or you can just copy-paste it, which is a secret ingredient of how to write a perfect article.
Keep it simple and straightforward
Quality comes in less quantity. Prefer the crisp sentences in everyday English with explicable vocabulary. Paragraphs should be straightforward and understandable in one look as the long paragraphs with irrelevant and useless information will create disinterest which will bore the reader.
Keep it Clear and Precise
Avoid haziness and vague facts and truths in your content, it shows the lack of knowledge and use a concise and explicable outline and details of the descriptive language.
Cater for all kind of Readers
Write the article which is easily understandable by both experts and non-experts. Don’t use the scientific and tough terms which are inexplicable to an average user.
Identify the user needs
The article is the way of communicating to your readers. Put yourself into the reader position and see what questions arise from the topic of debate. Note down those questions and try answering those questions in your articles which will automatically solve out the pain-points of the reader.
Unique and Original Content
“Involve original writing and not the original research”
The content must be original and plagiarism free. If you are thinking of writing the content by rewriting and rewording the existing content then just leave it here because it will no good to anyone. Use your own description of the idea and you don’t have to be expert for that, all you need to be is usual and original. But you can use the quality sources by appropriately quoting and citing those sources in your articles which will not violate the copyright rules.
Graphics and Visual Appearance
In the terms to know how to write a perfect article you must be aware the importance of use of graphics and images like charts, artwork, and photographs, relent to the topic, are the vital part of the perfect article. This develops the reader interest and act as supplemental material to make out your point and explains the text.
Don’t stick in too many graphics which would diminish the text and use it as an optional material, and text alone should give the clear and precise idea without supplements
Heading and Subheadings
Don’t bombard the reader with sentences in one breath and split the content into relevant paragraphs and sections each having the headings or subheadings with keywords of the paragraph in it. Scanning and understanding the muddled text can be the daunting and hardworking job. Feel free to use the bold and bigger headings and subheadings to pinpoint the idea which is going to be discussed in the paragraph.
Use of Bullets
Use the bullets for each different point in the paragraph or list which will make the text easier to understand and draw the reader attention, instead of throwing lengthy content on reader’s face.
Grammatically correct and Spelling Mistakes free Text
Making a little spelling mistakes are like dent to your perfect article and can annoy the reader. There might be a usual slip of grammar or spelling but instead of spending time on proofreading follows the writing conventions and standards of the modern language with no spelling mistakes, grammatically correct text and proper use of tenses.
Interlinking and Citation of Helping sources
Don’t leave your article orphan. Provide all the references to your research you took the information from and cite them into your articles. There is no harm in telling your helping sources, no one can come up with all information without research, instead, it will help the user to explore more about the topic.
Interlink more potential and related articles which you think may be useful to a reader.
The perfect conclusion of the perfect article:
· Can be referred back to the introduction with your personal perspective about the topic. Try to stay neutral and unbiased in your conclusion giving a reader call to action.
· Motivate the reader to participate in the cause and find more about the subject, leaving some unanswered questions in the conclusion.
FINALIZING THE ARTICLE
SPELLING AND GRAMMAR CHECK
Microsoft itself is a trust-able spelling and grammar, but yet if there are some unattended errors left in the content, make use of Online Editors
PROOFREADING AND EDITING
- Read your article aloud in front of yourself and
- Delete the irrelevant paragraphs, information or words
- Make sure all terms and points have been explained
- Make sure content is in the correct order
- Delete or edit sloppy, confusing or repetitive sentences
CHECKLIST FOR HOW TO WRITE A PERFECT ARTICLE
- No important information is left
- Conventional format and standards are met
- There are no grammar or spelling mistakes
- Content is in correct order
- Proofreading and Editing are done
- Images and other supporting material are added
- All references are cited
This the total guide and secret formula to how to write a perfect article an if you can assure to follow all the instructions step by step in your writing then I am willing to swear that your article will be the one of the most perfect and successful articles with lot of traffic toward it. But don’t forget to add most important element which is your personal uniqueness, originality and own self which cannot be copied. If you want good traffic this guideline how to write a perfect article surely help you.